ABcann Global Corporation Team
Highly Experienced Management Team
VP, Business Development
W. Brett Wilson
Board of Directors
Advisory Board Led by the "Father of Cannabis Medicine"
Mr. Fishman has almost 20 years of experience as a business leader, most recently as CEO of international specialty pharmaceutical company Merus Labs. Under his leadership, sales and EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) grew at a compound annual growth rate above 50 per cent, culminating in the acquisition of Merus by Norgine BV in July, 2017, for approximately $342-million. He also has several years of experience serving as a director of public companies in the cannabis sector.
Mr. Fishman previously served as CEO of both Teva Canada and Taro Canada, and is a past chair of the Canadian Generic Manufacturers Association. He began his pharmaceutical career at Eli Lilly, where he advanced through several cross-functional leadership roles, including vice-president of marketing.
Dr. Michael Bumby
Dr. Bumby has almost 20 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, most recently as CFO of international specialty pharmaceutical company, Merus Labs International Inc. (TSX:MSL) (NASDAQ:MSLI), where he was instrumental in strengthening financial planning and analysis, business development, internal controls and budget management, and was part of the strategic review core team that facilitated the acquisition of Merus by Norgine B.V. in July 2017 for approximately $342 million.
Dr. Bumby previously had a diverse 14-year career at Eli Lilly, including serving in its Corporate Finance & Investment Banking groups at Lilly’s global headquarters in Indianapolis, where he led international business development activities for early and late stage assets, and serving as regional CFO for Lilly’s Czech Republic and Slovak subsidiaries based in Prague. He holds a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Guelph, and an MBA from the University of Toronto.
W. Brett Wilson
Raphael Mechoulam, PhD
- Organic chemist and professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- In 1963 isolated cannabidiol (CBD)
- First scientist to isolate tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
- Over 25 academic awards including the Rothschild Prize in Chemical Sciences and Physical Sciences in 2012
Donald I. Abrams, MD
- Chief of the Haematology-Oncology Division at San Francisco General Hospital and a Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of California
- Integrative Oncology consultation practice at the UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
- Co-authored the chapter on "Cannabinoids and Cancer" in the Oxford University Press Integrative Oncology
Mike Dixon, PhD
- Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, Director of the Controlled Environment Systems Research Facility, University of Guelph
- Formed the Space and Advanced Life Support Agriculture (SALSA) program
- Leads the world in technology developments and research dedicated to studying plant and microbial interactions in advanced life support systems
Chris Hudalla, PhD
- Founder and Chief Scientific Officer of ProVerde Laboratories, Inc.
- More than 25 years of research experience in analytical chemistry, spectroscopy and chromatographic method development
- Recognized worldwide as an expert in the field of traditional Reverse Phase Liquid, Supercritical Fluid and Convergence Chromatography
Michael E. Shannon, M.A., M.Sc., M.D.
- Served in the Canadian Forces for 31 years, retiring at the rank of Commodore as Deputy Surgeon General for Canada
- Directed a phase III clinical trial in Canada, the U.S. and Great Britain for an artificial blood substitute product
- Senior Medical Advisor for the Canadian Public Health Agency on special assignment directing the rebuilding of the Emergency Medical Response Capacity for Canada, the largest emergency response exercise in the history of the country
- Directly responsible for the first approved human clinical trial in North America examining the efficacy of O3 delivered via autohemotherapy in the treatment of AIDS.
- Has served as the Senior Media Advisor to Medizone International since 2002, and appointed the President of the Canadian Foundation for Global Health in 2008
Paul Daeninck, MD
- Medical Oncologist and palliative medicine consultant with Cancer Care Manitoba and the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) Palliative Care Program. He is an Assistant Professor and Leader for the Palliative Care Longitudinal Theme for Undergraduate Education at the College of Medicine, University of Manitoba.
- Dr. Daeninck is the author of several research papers as well as textbook chapters. He serves as a reviewer for palliative medicine journals. He has been active in medical student and resident education, and has ongoing research interests in several aspects of palliative medicine, including that of cannabinoid use in patients with cancer.
Mr. Richard Fitzgerald
He most recently served as an executive advisor to Maison des Futailles Inc., a wine and spirits company. Prior to that he held positions as President and Director of Maison des Futailles. Mr. Fitzgerald previously served as the Canadian President of Mark Anthony Brands, one of North America’s most successful alcoholic beverage companies, with brands including Mike’s Hard Lemonade(R).
Mr. Fitzgerald was Chairman of Diageo Canada Inc. until 2008, having previously served as Executive Director of Diageo’s Global Commercial Roadmap Initiative, and as President and CEO of Diageo for eight years. During his tenure, he was responsible for Diageo’s global category-leading brands, including Smirnoff(R), Johnnie Walker(R), Baileys(R), and Guinness(R) in Canada.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Fitzgerald served as CEO of United Distillers Canada and as a director of Guinness North America. Prior to his experience in the adult beverage sector, he held various marketing and sales positions at Benson & Hedges, the Phillip Morris affiliate in Canada.